From: Rob P
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2002 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Where is all my Dextron II going?

D2,
If it's showing up as steam it probably isn't making it to the ground.  Must
be landing on the exhaust and burning up. Sometimes at high RPM the dipstick
gets pushed out and fluid leaks out there, maybe onto the manifold, but I
think the dipstick is on the passenger side.  (My big blocks have all been 4
speeds)
Don't know how else tranny fluid could get on the manifold except the trans
cooler lines.
Rob