Instrument removal - How?

Need some help on a non-Imperial topic, but related..
I have to remove instrument cluster on a ‘58 DeSoto
since there are some problems with the wiring behind
it and possibly ignition.  The instruments come out
about 3 inches then, no go.  Can anyone advise how to
remove the instrument cluster?  Or is there another
way to get to the wiring?  The service manual is no
help.  I am taking the liberty of contacting the list
since a lot of the contributors have other Forward
Look cars.
Thanks for any help.
Greg Buffalow

=====