Fire possibility from 6V solenoid??

I wouldn't worry too much about it, as there should be no spark created
within the device (the only spark is at the switch contacts).  If the
solenoid should stick on for some reason, it could get warm,  but without
knowing the current draw, I couldn't guess at how warm.

The solenoids are not the usual failure point for these cylinders, the usual
failure is leakage past the piston cup. I have peeled the crimp open and
replaced the piston seals on these, for a cheap and easy, if somewhat messy
looking repair.   I have also converted all my cars with hydraulic cylinders
to the use of Dexron/Mercon fluid, to avoid the damage caused by brake fluid
leaking on painted or upholstered surfaces.  One must replace all the
system's rubber parts when making this changeover, though, as the old rubber
parts will have swelled up somewhat from the alcohol in the brake fluid.
When that is gone, they start leaking.  Don't change to Dot-5 fluid, by the
way, as that has no lubricity and will ruin the hydraulic pump in short
order.

The solenoid must be capable of resisting fluid pressure of 300PSI, because
when the pump is running, there is pressure to all cylinders; only those
with the solenoid energized must allow fluid to flow.  Then when the pump is
not running (for instance when the window is being lowered), the solenoid
must present a low resistance to flow back to the pump, so that the spring
can pull the window down.

Dick Benjamin