A Bargain

Hi All:
   As some of you may know in addition to owning the fabulous Eileen I also own a '73 Lebaron four door.
I have also had the good fortune to be able to purchase one of my all time dream cars and just don't have the room or money to keep all these cars going.

The '73 is mechanically challenged.  I have spent an untold fortune trying to resolve overheating issues and now that the heat of summer has come back to central Florida my overheating problems have come back.  The car runs cool all day long around town but after about an hour on the hiway it starts to overheat.  The only thing left that I know of that could cause the problem is crud in the block.  I have been told that one could pull the freeze plugs and clean it all out but don't know if it is true or not.

The car has 39k original miles on it.  No rust except a few little bitty dimples that can be felt popping up under the vinyl top.  Pictures can be seen at http://sbryan.home.mindspring.com/73Imp/index.htm

Options Include:
Am/Fm 8-track
Power Windows including vent windows
Power locks
Power driver and passenger seat
Front and reat air
Tilt wheel
probably more that I am forgetting....

Everything I know it needs:
Overheating issue needs to be resolved
A/C hoses need to be replaced
Heater Core needs to be replaced
AutoTemp does not work.
One bad window motor and two bad vent window motors
grommet between filler tube and gas tank leaks if you fill it up.

Now if you made it this far here is where it gets interesting.  I have sold the car on e-bay once but the deal didnt work out.  I have tried to sell it locally but have only gotten interest from people that wouldnt appreciate the car for what it is (i.e.  want to paint it black and put 17" rims on it).  I really want to see the car go to someone who has the ability to repair it and would enjoy it for what it was meant to be.... a big luxury ride....  After our recent discussions on saving these cars from the derby world etc.. I have decided to put my money where my mouth is.

I am looking for a list member who doesnt have an Imperial but does have the mechanical abilities and desire to fix this one.  You would need to be able to have the car removed from my home by 7-7-02.  Members who already have multiple cars do not qualify.  If you can meet the above terms and promise not to strip the car for parts this Imperial could be yours for the grand total of $1 (yes one dollar, 4 quarters, 10 dimes, 20 nickels, 100 pennys or any combination thereof).  Please e-mail me off the list if your are interested in the car.

                             Steve B.