New To List

Hello all-

I'm Jim Gathmann (new to the list). I have a '92 Dodge
Dynasty- although not an "Imperial", it is almost
identical to the '92 Imperial. Only differnces between
the two models (besides the names) are:

1) The Imperial uses a 3.8L V6 (Dynasty uses a 3.3L
V6), which is the same engine as the 3.3 V6 used in
Mopars since the early 90's (the 3.8 is a bored out,
stroked out 3.3).

2) The Imperial has a differnt grill and folding
headlights, while the Dynasty has a more box-like
front with a larger grill, and normal headlights.

3) The Imperial is about a half a foot longer- in
order to have slightly longer rear doors- and slightly
more room for the rear seat.

Other then that, the two models share about everything
(same wiring, some computer, trannies, options, etc.).
They even have interchangeable front doors!

My '92 is in near mint condition- despite the 123k on
the clock- even has the original factory stickers on
the rear of the car! No rust (southern car), no
repairs have ever been made (except for this coming
weekend when I will replace the windshield).

I plan to hot rod the car (including a supercharger).
It already has a prostock hood scoop, flames & custom
paint job, and cold ram air intake (for now). Within
the next few months I'll be replacing the 52mm TB with
a 58mm TB, supercharging it, and getting better fuel
injectors and a better fuel regulator. If the
supercharger starts putting more air into the engine
then what the computer can compensate for, then I'd be
making a controler for the fuel injectors and use a
laptop to control the fuel input.

Already the engine operates at some decient level
(I've had the car tested- get's 15's and 16's now- and
its mostly stock). Two days ago I tried going up a
hill to see what a 1/4 mile time would be if it were
up a steep hill. At launch the pressure from the
engine shattered the window (need a strut bar,
hehehe). We'll see what happens!

Little backround on myself- I've worked with cars all
my life, come from a family of hot rodders- between my
grandfather on one side who restored a '67 Saab Monte
Carlo, my other grandfather who had a dealership in
the 60's & 70's which ONLY sold Chargers, Cudas, and
SuperBees, and my dad who collected Mopars throughout
the 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's.

Current projects I've been involved in:
the hot rodding of a 1989 Aries K-car
The restoration and hot rodding of a 1970 C-10 Chevy
with a '69 'vett engine in in
The restoration of a '68 R/T Charger

I guess I'd be the first with a supercharged Dynasty!

Also, I've been considering looking into the
possibilities of swapping in parts from the early 90's
Imperials with the 3.8L V6, and parts from the more
modern late 90's vans with the newer 3.3L V6. Any
ideas?

Hope I'm not being off topic (figure if the two models
are almost identical....).