HELP My Imperial runs Rough!

I have a 60 Imperial, that has recently been put together. The car starts and Idles GREAT! But as soon as I put it in Drive or reverse, the car dies! I have to contunious butterfly the gas peddle to get it to move. But it is just soo rough, when/if it will run.
I need any help you can give, We get married in 1 1/2 weeks and we want the car for the wedding!
Thanks
Marc
60 Imperial 4drht