'81-3 H20 Pump. (was: water pump?)

It sounds like the gasket blew out. They usually don't do that unless the
bolts loosened-up or it was a faulty install by someone who didn't know what
they were doing or didn't take the time to clean the gasket-surfaces
properly. I like using a good gasket and a thin coat of tar-like Aviation
Form-a-Gasket left exposed to air for a few mins to "tack up".

Usually,when H20 pumps go,they leak out of the vent hole in the pump due to
the bearings wearing out...the shaft wobbling...then H20 leaking passed the
bearing seal and out of the hole.

Make sure your fan clutch is in good working order. It can lead the pump to
failure. The belts shouldn't be installed too tightly. Overtightened belts
shorten the life of the bearings in the pump. Clean antifreeze is good to
have in there too.

There are many different length bolts that hold a small block MoPars' H20
pump on from what I can remember. The last time I changed one was about 7
years ago. A good,quality rebuilt pump will do.

Steve from Albany,N.Y. <--just back from airplane banner-towing ovr Alb.
'75 Imp 4dr <--62k mi,Dk-br...Dk-br leather.
'79 440 powered 35 ft RV <--machined/trued-up the warped rt exh manifold.
Installation tomorrow?