69 Factory Paint

> it has the original aquamarine paintjob which is > F-4 by factory specs.

Please define what you mean by "factory specs", as the build sheet and fender
tag are the factory specs. If you are trying to match it against color chips,
it's very likely that it has faded or that the color chips weren't correct in
1969 (typical).

>However, the frame tag and original factory >broadcast sheet specify Platinum
>Mettalic, A-4.

Be sure that your VIN matches the tag & broadcast sheet.

I don't have any color charts in front of me, but Chrysler paint codes from
that era usually work like this:

The letter indicates the color, while the number indicates the intensity, for
example...

B3 is a light blue. B5 is a medium blue. B7 is a dark blue. Black is X9, White
is W1.

There are some deviations, such as Y2 is light yellow, Y5 is bright yellow, Y8
is metallic gold.

I have found all aquamarine-type colors begining with "Q", and greens beginning
with "F".

>My question is...does this in any way affect the >value of the vehicle? Also,
>should I re-paint?

The quality of the repaint will have more impact than the color you choose
(Provided you stay within what was available for that year/model.) Imperials
haven't attained the numbers-match-mania that is a part of the
Corvette/MuscleCar crowd.

I suppose that's both a good & bad thing.

Carmine F.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://www.netzero.net/?refcd=N2P0602NEP8