'67 Headlight switch working poorly

The lamps in the front bumper of a '67 are not parking lights, they are only
the turn signals. Yes, they have dual-filament bulbs, but they are both
jumpered together and are used simultaneously for the turn signals.

The front parking lamps are the lower bulbs in the large, lovely wraparound
lamps in the fender corners. They should only come on when the headlamp
switch is in the middle position, then they shut off whenthe full headlamps
are switched on. (The upper bulbs in these lamps are the cornering lamps,
which come on when the taillamps and turn signals are BOTH on.)

If the headlamp switch makes all the exterior lamps go out, you possibly
have a short, if not a bad switch. but first, replace the bulbs for the
front parking lamps and see what that fixes. Sometimes just having all the
bulbs in working order can solve a mystery such as yours.

Please report back once the front parking lamps are working correctly, and
we can go from there.

Best of luck,
Chris in LA
67 Crown