Need help with mail trimming relative to IML

Need help with mail trimming relative to IML

Good Morning All,
       Does anyone know how I can make my postings shorter using AOL 7.0?  I even tried AOL 5.0 a while back, and it still seemed to bring alot of garbage along with every note.  I use Digest Mode to keep my mailbox from overflowing, and sometimes the digest is only a few messages, because of the baggage in some of the messages (mine included).

       I also have a POP3 mail account I don't use, but I would have to use Outlook to access it.  Are the problems I hear about Outlook worth the change?

Thanks,
Steve