Please Welcome Mark and Heather 70

New Subscriber(s): Mark A. & Heather J. Radcliffe
Email Address is: fijijimenez@xxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Troy, NY

Car(s) owned: 1970 Imperial LeBaron 4-door Hardtop (powder blue w/blue
leather)

Self-Introduction: My name is Mark. I am 26 yrs old. My wife is Heather. She
is 31 yrs old. We really were not looking for another car, but we went to a
diner not far from here and as we were walking out, we saw a car lot next
door that had some classics in the driveway. We walked over just to look at
them. Often commenting on the size of the 2 out of the 3 cars. On the lot
they had a 1969 Crown Imp 4-door Hardtop, 1970 Imp LeBaron 4-door Hardtop
and a Ford Falcon Country Squire station wagon. My wife absolutely fell in
love w/ the 70. So we contacted the dealership the next day and went to look
at it. To my surprise this car was in excellent shape. Apperently a local
doctor bought it new in 1970 and drove it just to work. I was shocked as I
looked at the odometer and it only read 43598. On top of that it's got
leather, power seats,power windows and a/c. The dealer I bought it from did
a little work on it. He repainted it, threw R15/70's all the way around,
American Racing rims, Dual exhaust, Tune-up and just some accesories for th
e engine. It runs like a dream. After they show us the car we asked how
much. We were shocked as he said $3500. Needless to say the next day we
bought it. I would honestly have to say that is one of the smoothest rides I
have ever been in. The wife loves it. We both agree it rides alot better
than our 2001 Honda. The Imp needs a little work here and there. I'm glad I
found this site. I know some about restoration and basic repairs, but any
info I can get on this car would be appreciated. I really hope to here from
anyone else who loves these great beasts. Thank you very much,
Mr.& Mrs. Mark A. Radcliffe