Please RE-Welcome Mathew Esposito

New Subscriber(s): Matthew Esposito
Email Address is: cadmat@xxxxxxxxx
Member Location: San Diego, California

Car(s) owned: Sadly, I have never owned a true Imperial, I've had close
cousins for years, two 1978 New Yorker Broughams, a 1969 New Yorker, and for
the past 10 years I've been close to a 1990 Imperial.( 6 cylinder, front
drive, stretched K platform)

Self-Introduction: I'm re-subscribing after a long abscense.I care for my
mother's 1990 Imperial. This car has been in the family for many years, but
I never really regarded it as a true Imperial, in my mind it was too
contemporary, too "K car" like, too small an engine and it didn't seem to
have the distiction of the Imperials of old. However,lately I have been
growing more fond of the thing. It has proven very reliable, and quite
comfortable as well as very efficient and outrageously roomy in the
back...plus it's very distinctive by contempory standards, with many
"classic" touches reminiscent of several different years' Imperial, like a
padded coach roof,( 60's on I believe), hidden headlamps ( '69-75),
waterfall grill('74-75), the look of crome bumpers front and rear( all
years), as well as full width tail lights( '67-'68)heavy use of woodgrain
trim inside('64-on)
etc. so, as you can see, I've been a fan of these cars for many years, and I
look forward to reading about everyon's experiences with them on this list.