Hot Rodded 81-83s?

That 380 hp rating for the Mopar Performance 360 IS
NET hp. Rather impressive really, it actually makes
MORE power than any of the old 440's in Imperials,
which of course were rated in SAE Gross numbers. I
agree that the 380 hp engine might be a bit overkill
for an '81-'83 Imp where emissions are a concern, but
the 300 hp is a bit more sedate. Another option might
be to check into an engine out of a wrecked 5.9L
(360)R/T Dakota. That engine is rated at 250 hp,
unsure of the torque rating, but it's good enough to
get the Dakota to run low 15's and it IS emissions
legal as it's a production engine.