Kerry's '50 Crown

Great find Kerry!  Don't forget that I, too will be
looking to restore the Ausco-Lambert discs in my '55
Crown.

As you've discovered, the interior metal trim is done in
a nickel "Butler's" finish.  Rather more restrained than
gaudy chrome plate.

Several years ago, I had the great pleasure to drive
John Lloyd's '50 Crown Limousine after I trailered it to
Hershey.  It was a beautiful warm fall day and the drive
from Harrisburg to Hershey on country roads was as
lovely as it was short.  The brakes proved their touchy
reputation, spinning the wheel hard to starboard after
easing them on, but I was able to get them to
cooperate.  As she sat there in the Car Corral, she had
only about 50K miles on her.

There was a '50/'51 Crown at Wiseman's in Casa Grande,
AZ.  If still there, it might yield some useful bits,
tho it was pretty disheveled when I saw it last.  Give
them a call and let me know if I can help.

BTW, the wheelcovers look like '59 Buick Electra 225
spinners.  Put those on eBay and you could recoup a few
bills on your Crown investment.

Cheers,
Roger