Self-Inflicted Chrome Plating

I can't agree with this sentiment.  Lots of craftsmen
do their own work that is at least as good as most
shops.  Perserverence and desire can make up for
equiptment.

I'll absoultely admit that plating takes specialized
equiptment but with that equiptment, a good book on
the process, and the appropriate desire and care, an
owner can do very nice work.  Disposing of chemicals
is the big problem but I understand that some chrome
shops will take your chemials for a fee.

kerryp