Criticism of D.I.Y Chrome plating

Well,
I think we have all gone to the Caswell web site by now,
$655.00 to do nuts and bolts, THAT'S A DEAL, I can get large bumpers show quality chromed for a little more than that!
$6000.00 for a 16 Gal. kit! That's not even large enough to do a radiator shell!

I stick with my plater, lets see;

They send a truck to pick up my bumpers,
I don't have to do squat.

They straighten out the dents, fill the rust holes,
I do my books, have a brew.

They remove the old chrome,
O YEA that's something I wanna do, imagine the toxic chemicals that takes! They polish and fill, sweat and strain
I sit in my a/c'ed office.

They plate, and plate, and plate again,
you know till it looks like chrome that a customer would pay for, and if they screw it up, THEY EAT THE COST,
I continue to drink, I mean, work on other things.

They bring me back BETTER THAT NEW beautiful LARGE front and rear 50's era bumpers,
with an invoice of under a GRAND!
Here's where I gotta do some WORK --- I WRITE THE CHECK! GLADLY

Ron's .02