80's Imps Retrofit Fuel Flow meter

Hi all,

Just though I would pass some info on to the group.

This weekend I disassembled the Fuel Flow meter on my car.  I thought that
maybe by cleaning it (and snooping around inside it) I could get it to work
properly.  Well, it still doesn't work but here's what I found:

There are three fuel connections, Inlet, Outlet, and a Return line (to the
tank?). Inside the housing is a (flexible?) diaphragm which divides the
housing vertically in half.  One side is where the fuel inlet/outlet is, on
the back side is a cupped metal disk (thin sheet stock) that is held in place
by the diaphragm onto housing ribs.  The diaphragm appears to seal the halves
from each other.  There are two passages that lead to the 'electronics'(?)
area where the wires come out.  There are NO moving parts visible.

The bottom of the 'electronics' area has what looks like a metal plug that
may be removable by a special spanner wrench.  I tried to remove it, but only
succeeded in chipping off a piece of the housing.  I gave up on it, not
wanting to break it.

The diaphragm was misshapen and the metal disc was loose and flopping around
inside.  I reshaped it and reinstalled the disc.  (You could see where it had
been.)

There are numbers and what looks like German writing on the outside of the
main housing as well as numbers on the 'electronics' area as follows:
----------------------------------
Main Housing:

^ (arrows pointing up) ^
PFEIL NACH OBEN
FLECHE EN HAUT

FLOSCAN 254
4011757

'Electronics Area':
Chrysler logo
4222798
    40110

0204

That's all folks.  I may try to open that 'plug' someday.  I will have to
make a wrench for it.

Dan Wing
Imp1983@xxxxxxx

'83 Imp, beige, wire wheels,