75 test drive

  The bubbling starting around the wheelwells sounds like the biggest issue.
Too bad you couldn't get a good look at the inside of the fender,wheelwell
area from inside the trunk. There might be a ton of surface rust in there
just waiting it poke it's ugly head to the surface. Ditto on the inside of
the doors.

  The ticking: It could be that this car just needs to have it's oil
changed...and the car driven to loosen thingz up a bit. These old engines
don't like to sit for extended periods of time. Thingz tend to varnish-up
and stick. Too bad that the '75's don't have an Oil Pressure gauge. I
installed an aftermarket one in mine in such a manner as to not to ruin the
cars' originality.

   The A/C compressors are easily available in parts stores and are not
terribly expensive.

I'd offer $2,000 or less for the car. Too bad you are not lQQking for a 4dr.
Mine is still 4 Sale. It is more than $2,000 tho.

Steve from Albany,N.Y.
'75 Imp 4dr <--a guy looked at it the other day...and opted to buy an '88
Cataract instead.  :oP   He was unworthy anyway.
'79 440 powered 35 ft RV <--welding in new 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 11ga steel beams in
the roof will commence tomorrow.