Saturday's @ Cubs

Hola

Every Saturday afternoon starting shortly after 5 PM the cars start to arrive
at the parking lot in front of the Cubs store located at Powers and
Constitution.  Here in Colorado Springs there are three Imperial owners that
show up on a regular basis.  They are: Bill Hiborn with either his Red and
White 56 or the Ivory 63 Crown, or Mitch McDonald and his Green 68 Crown and
myself.

Last night I was on a solo trip (no Bill's or Mitch's or daughters or wives).
 As I went thru the pull up - back up - pull up and the last back up into a
slot I could see a man heading my way.  After I got out of the car ( 66 Le
Baron). I was asked all the questions of year and options.  Then I was
introduced to to the father.  As it turns out the son has a 66 Blue with
white topped 2dr Crown, that he keeps at his dads place of business.  I made
me fell good they were comparing their Crowns lack of options with our Le
Baron that is only lacking the hide a rust spot vinyl top.  They told me they
needed a lens for the front turn signals and I gave them my phone number so
that I could give them Bob Hoffenmiester's number.

And with that I went to the lumber store for a piece of pine (1" x 12" x 10')
which I put completely inside of the car and drove home with all the windows
up.  ( Our friend Bob Garcia (and wife) followed me to the house in their 65
T-Bird. )

                                                      Rodger & Gabby