1953 Imperial

Currell;
 Regrettably the grille on the 1953 Imperials was unique to that year as are
the 54's which is the year of my car. This is not to say that a 51' or 52'
Imperial grille won't bolt on but they are a different assembly from a 1953.
The chances are, even if you found one, it would still need to be rechromed.
Many chrome shops can fix all but the worst pitting in trim parts with
solder.
 My experience with most trim parts, from that era of  Imperial, is that you
either have to make them or fix up an old one. Unlike Cadilacs, where there
were upwards of 100,000 cars built in some years, Imperial production never
exceeded 35,000 units and usually sat around the 13,000 mark. For 1953 I
don't believe that Imperial production exceeded the 10,000 mark. As a result
there is very little in the way of N.O.S trim parts available for these cars
compared to Cadillacs. top it off Chrysler had a policy of liquidating  its
old parts inventory more often then the other two of the big three so much
of it was disposed of when these cars were considered little more then old
beaters.
 With regards to the Imperial script badge on the sides of your car I do not
believe that this was anything unusual.
Most Imperials from this era had the Imperial script on the front fenders,
behind the wheels, to denote it from a New Yorker or a Saratoga, which had
their badge just above the wheel.
  As to the Crowns on the hubcaps I have not yet determined how to remove
mine as they appear to be riveted on. I have been meaning to investigate the
posibility of casting the plastic portion unless someone is already doing
so. The best thing, I figure, to do with the metal crowns is to have them
replated with the rest of the bright work as they would be more difficult to
reproduce.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.