Gunk radiator repair?

> the block passages.   If I were stuck with a hole in
> my radiator in the
> middle of the Sahara Desert and only one 6-pack of
> beer to keep the cooling system full, I'd use sealer

Depends on what kind of beer it was.  :)  Hey, what is
the heat transfer coefficient of beer, anyway?

> powdered aluminum stuff that is
> usually next to the cash register at your local NAPA
> store, which sells for
> 99 cents), but unless it is an emergency like that,

I've heard that, in a pinch, black pepper will work
for that sort of thing.  Don't know- that might be bad
for the system too.  As Dick said, anything that you
put in there that isn't coolant or water will hasten
the day that the whole thing needs to get flushed.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Piles of pitted chrome
Hubcaps along the floorboard