Steering gear box -Whoosh, it blew out?

> started the car, turned the wheel hard to the right and
> whoosh! The seal blew
> out! I pulled it off the Pitman arm and went back to
> Kragen

Seems like there's a step missing there...

The pitman arm does not contact the seal or keep the seal
in, right?  Your narrative went from arm removal to
starting the car and seems to be missing a step?
I didn't look at mine, but there must be some sort of
retaining clip to remove that keeps the seal from whooshing
out during normal operation? (-pitman arm doesn't keep the
seal in)

This might be an important trick for most to remember, as
my 73 has a box that looks almost unchanged, so all years
in-between (at least) would benefit from remembering this
trick.

PS - Mark, I hope that you used the same scorched grass
spot on your lawn to do this whooshy trick.

- That's an inside joke.

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious