Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 8:06 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Cheap electronic ignition

Just be sure that the distributor you use isn't worn out (shaft wobble, a common Chrysler problem after 70,000 miles) and the mechanical regulator, etc, is up to the job of handling the Pertronix unit.  I'm not in favor of the Pertronix, however much some may like it,  (have seen more than four of them fail) and the Chrysler offered electronic upgrade isn't that expensive and it is reliable as hell. Plus you can easily find replacement parts for it at the auto chain stores.

Ross