Classics & Imperials

--- Hugh & Therese <hugtrees@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But, here's a thing.  I don't think there are ANY
> Imperials on the Classic
> Car Club Of America's semi-official list of cars
> that can truly be described
> as design classics.  Maybe one or two or the coach
> built one off cars from
> the 30's, but nothing else.  From my preferred era I
> think a 300 C or maybe
> the D makes their cut.  Can anyone confirm or refute
> this?

Actually, there are several Imperials on the CCCA's
"Approved Classics List."  Have a look at
http://www.classiccarclub.org/CarList.htm#Chrysler.
And I would definitely consider the Imperials listed
there to be among the finest of American automotive
design.

But also remember that the CCCA is for "the world's
finest automobiles which were manufactured from 1925*
through 1948."  So there won't be any 300s or
Imperials of the later vintage there.

Happy Motoring!

Elijah