Imperial Purity

I'm sure the whole list zeroed in on this post to see what I had to say on
this subject. I am of the camp which believes is it for show, or go. Time is
another important factor, and mechanical ability. I am a very amateur
mechanic at best, and only have my 2 days off a week to work on my car. The
Imperial is the first car I've ever owned, that I actually enjoy tinkering
with, and each week I take one or two things which are not working, or not
working properly, and make an effort to get them operative once again, using
only the original part (generator not included here). If I were a crack
mechanic, and had the time to be without the use of my Imperial, I would no
doubt be an Imperial Puritan. The reason I bought the car is because I love
it the way it is so much. I look at my interior and wonder if it will ever
have the plushness of an Imperial, and it is totally unoriginal, and my
biggest embarrassment right now. I've covered the back seat with a blanket,
and have a cheap bench seat cover on the front. Whenever I see someone
admiring the car in a parking lot, I hope they don't look inside, but the
inevitable always happens, and I kind of cringe. I won't even go into my
drivers side door panel, but it will suffice to say it has very rotted
fiberboard, which is splitting half way down the door, and an arm rest which
keeps popping out of the screw that is supposed to attach it to the door.
This combined with the original fabric in shreds hanging down makes for a
lovely sight! It does look good on the outside which is my only savior. I
realized I opened up a whole can and then some, of worms, when I mentioned I
had put in the forbidden alternator which I shall never mention by name
again, and I would like to vow to the list that I will take Chad up on his
offer, and at least switch to a Mopar brand, as soon as the one in there
dies, after all I'm not made of money, and it's time to be off to the
radiator shop next week for a rodding out. Finally I would like to thank Mark
for the big laugh he gave me with the add ons he had on his car. I
particularly liked the black lights underneath, and the decal!
Bill '59 Crown