Imperial Purity

 Performance wise this is one of the fastest
> Imperials I have ever driven, and I've owned probably fifty or so
> Imperials.

Jim, I am not sure if the "better" performance of the Holley car is due to the
carb itself (unless on your other Imperials, the carb was not fully opening or
something).  The cfm rating of either carb is more than enough if you have the
stock cam.  At 4600 rpm WOT, you only need 527 cfm (assuming an optimistic 90%
vol. efficiency).  The restriction from the carburator is probably negligible
compared to the valvetrain's restrictions.  Its possible that your Holley
happens to have the mixture "just right" compared to your other cars, but even
that is somewhat unlikely.  The max torque is not that sensitive to mixture
strength as long as you are somewhat rich.  The torque and power is quite
sensitive on spark advance though...

What I am trying to say here is: unless your carb settings are quite off or the
carb is way too low cfm, the effect on performance should not be very large
from Holley to Carter to rochester.

D^2