68- and 67! starting

> - so far so good.  The
> first time the car is started each day, I need to
> pump the accelerator pedal
> about 25 times (yes that many, I have been
> counting).  Later in the day, it
> still takes 6-8 pumps to get it started when the
> engine is slightly warm.

I have to do about 15-20 pumps with my '67, and I just
rebuilt the factory holley to spec.  however, when its
warm, it will jump right to life if i hold the gas
down about 1/4 way.

i suspect the 15-20 pumps to be a result of the
typically 3-4 days in between starts, coupled with the
fact that the car is usually parked facing slightly
uphill.  I'll try backing it into its usual parking
space and see if that makes any difference.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Piles of pitted chrome
Hubcaps along the floorboard