Temperature fluctuations

Thanks group for the advice, I guess it's time to get out the yellow pages
and find a radiator shop close by. Today I started a simple project on the
Imperial, which I read and copied the other day on this list. I found the
turn signal switch on the steering column, then unscrewed the dash plate
under the steering wheel to get at it. I unscrewed one of the two tiny
Phillips screws holding the switch on, but when I went to unscrew the second
it would not budge! I sprayed it with penetrator to no avail. I inserted the
screwdriver and gave it a few taps of the hammer, and still nothing. I then
went in my house, and came out armed with my entire collection of Philips
screwdrivers, including one brand new very sharp one. The only thing this did
was to start to strip out the cross. It was apparent this screw was going
nowhere, so I got out the power line, and attacked it with the drill. I now
have a pretty good sized hole in it, but that little tiny screw is still in
there. I must have drilled on that thing an hour, on and off, and I could see
smoke coming out of the steering column from the friction. The screw got the
better of me today, but tomorrow is another day. If anyone's got a better
method of removing a frozen screw I'd be more than happy to hear about it! I
also made another discovery while my head was laying of the floor of my car I
started looking under the front seat, I couldn't find a motor, nor any
mechanism for moving the seat, but did find a knob which when pulled back the
seat started to change positions, but only on the drivers side. Not wanting
to have a crooked bench seat, I stopped playing with it. If the seat is
manually operated, why would it have the power switches on the side? I figure
if I attack another area of the car each week, in a year I'll have 52 more
things repaired and working properly. If it weren't for that tiny little
screw!
Bill '59 Crown