Running Temps

--- Imperial59crown@xxxxxxx wrote:
> little uneasy when temps started soaring to 210. I
> am seriously considering
> taking the car to a radiator shop to have it routed
> out.

Hey Bill,

Some fluctuation in temperature is normal, and the
temperature will definitely "spike" for a bit after
you exit a freeway (at highway speeds, you've got 70+
mph worth of airflow over the radiator, as opposed to
the effort exerted by the fan at idle or under 30
mph).

DEFINITELY take the radiator to a shop and have it
rodded out and cleaned.  The last couple of times I've
done this, the cost has been around $50.  After you do
this, you'll probably notice that your overflow tank
(definitely a good idea!) gets less use as well.

Sounds like you're on the right track to be ready for
driving in warm temperatures.

Keep it cool!

Elijah