Running Temps

Try replacing the coolant.  You may have rust in there like my 68 sedan.  The
rust is normally out of solution when you start the car, but slowly its mixed
up and gets into solution.  Then, the coolant effectiveness drops and the
temperature increases.  When you turn off the car, the rust will come off
solution again.  So, try draining your coolant when the car shows the high
temperature symptoms.  That might be your problem.
D^2

Quoting Imperial59crown@xxxxxxx:

but then steadily