'65 paint removal question

The pentastar appeared only on the driver's side of the vehicle in North
America, and was used on all Mopar cars, from Valiant to Imperial starting
in mid-1963.   The medallion is not gold filled by the way, just aluminum
with a gold-coloured coating.

There were two versions of the 'star', one aluminum and one plastic.  From
1963 to 1965 the metal version was used which was part number 2445 182.  The
plastic version appeared in 1966, and was part number 2785 540, and both
versions were used in production in 1966.  Not sure about after 1966,
though.

Being a metal one, you could try to clean the paint off.

Bill
Vancouver, BC