vapor lock

I had a british sports car (I didn't know better) that had
gas tanks that were painted inside.  The paint flaked off
when I put new gas in after years of sitting and clogged
the fuel line, seeping through slowly.  The car would run 2
blocks on the fuel that accumulated in the line and then
run dry, only to start up again once the gas seeped through
the paint debris.

Maybe you are just not getting gas?

Fuel Filter(s)
Pump
Stuck floats
clogged lines
blocked opening at tank
bad gas

I tested for this with a disposable squirt gun filled with
gas and the engine ran as long as I fed it through the carb
opening.  Once again, I was younger then and don't think
that I'd do the same again now, but you get the point.

--- Mark Blitman <markblitman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> can i be experiencing vapor lock? 74 imp starts right up
> in the morning...then runs fine and re-starts ok for 2-3
> times..then all of a sudden it will not start again for
> several hours; then the whole process starts all over
> again...is this man vs.thermoquad or my car saying to me
> i am going to sit out this Tampa heat for a few
> hours...any help?  thanks!
>
> mark blitman

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious