1972 LeBaron Am/Fm problem

Hello All;
 Whoever was having a problem with the FM band on their 1972 LeBaron's radio I have two suggestions. The first would be to squirt some rubbing alcohol into the bandswitch and slide it back and forth several times. It is quite likely that the switch has been sitting in the AM position for so long that it has built up a nice layer of dirt and oxidation on the FM contacts. The second would be to check the cable between the antenna and the back of the to see if it is connected or broken. If it isn't one of those problems it has a circuitry problem which means either repairing the unit or replacing it with one that works.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.