Silicon based "Protectants"

HiYa Guys-n-Dolls;
   It has come time for me to step upon the soap box
and say a few words on Silicon based "protectants".
They my friends are BAD NEWS (not yelling but with
clear anouciations). How do I quantify the previous
statements , how about a 3 year stint with a company
that made a competing product with out silicon with UV
protection. Not satified with with just chemical
anaysis (which I could not explain anymore as it has
been 20 plus years ago) we did an acutal test on vynal
and left them out in the sun (and where can you get
more sun than Cali?) Surprise, Surprise (not to us but
others) the vynal discolered and became brittle and
cracked. I BEG you guys in the Northern climes not to
destroy your dashes with this eloquintly marketed time
bomb. If you have every sprayed silicon on your hands
and left it for a while you will know what I mean. As
a side note we also found that once started down the
path you would have to use it in shorter and shorter
intervals to get that fake glossy new Geo interior
look!

Thad the ImpPoster
Genuinely Worried!