Imperial/NYB Differences

Alan,
You ask a huge question as there were many detail differences that took place
when the Imperial was dropped and the NYB took the design of the Imperial.

I know from experience that there are a great many differences in the interior.
 The carpet padding, sound insulation, etc were all much thicker and heavier in
the Imperial than in the NYB.  I have also been told that the power seat motors
where scaled back to conserve weight as the cars were eventually 'slimmed down'
to improve economy.

I always liked the disk brakes on my 75 Imperial and never had any problems
with them.  I also owned a 76 NYB and could tell the difference between the
cars in how quiet the Imperial was over the NYB and both and similar amount of
miles on them.  Unfortunately my brother has used both in demo derbies and I
was amazed to see how many detail differences there were in the underlying
components of the two cars.  It just goes to show that although the exterior
wrapping looks the same, the total package is different.

Happy motoring
Dale
68 Crown Coupe
60 NY T&C, Sedan, 2 door, 4 door