Smoking during warm up

Thanks everyone for answering my question. Since I live close to the ocean,
and work right next to it, the air is always more moist than further inland.
Nights at the beach are always fairly cool and damp, even in the summer. This
has led me to believe my problem is moisture in the pipes, since the smoke is
also accompanied by drops of water coming out of the tail pipes. I do have
one other question, and that is how long should you let an old Imperial warm
up before running it? I usually wait about 3 or four minutes, or until I
don't see any more smoke exiting the pipes. I know it's not good to jump in
an older car and drive away without warming it up first. I think my parents
used to wait until the temp. gauge started to register.
Bill '59 Crown