Smoking during warm up

Bill.  Just a thought.  I think your problem is hard valve stem seals and or slighty worn valve guides.  When the  car sits for any length of time small amounts of oil run down the valve guides into the cylinders so when you start the engine those cylinders tend to miss a little but once the oil is burned off they straighten out and no problem. Eventually you'll have to do a valve job or just replace the stemseals. Or min replace the plugs when they eventually foul out.  Asa