Pic: ATC servo

Ok DD  I'll spend some time at work researching and looking at the wiring diagram , I think that what you want is possible.  But I think that someone that had the car very carefully preserved the system for postarity.  So for now forget the manual control cable as it would be a hassle you could just open the heater control valve under the hood for now.  The problem is that the servo also controls the vacuum to the individual vacuum servos under the dash which controls the what is called the blend air flap which makes it possible to have varying degrees of vent temp except at max air at which case the black servo supplys vac to center vents,closes the chamber between the evaporator and the heater core and closes the outside air flap, turns on high speed fan and engages the A/C compressor clutch.  I'm thinking that we could get the job done temporarly, well I could send you a servo as one comes available.  When these systems go down on a Daimler-Chrysler-Imp erial content LOL  I always replace the servo-Amp and the Black servo and what ever to insure that I don't get a come back so to speak! As my customers usually don't care about the expense which usually runs into approximately 1000.00 to 2000.00per job.  Therefore I come across good units all the time and just throw them out as the rebuilders have plenty of good usable cores. I saved them thinking I could get some money for the cores but they didn't want them so I threw them out just last month.  But good news is I'll come across another probably very soon!    So send me another link showing the vacuum diagram and we'll get started getting the system up and running! Should be a piece of cake.  Where is it that you live as I go to Las Vegas on pretty much regular basis are you close to I-40 as I will be going out there within the next month or so to pick up more 56 parts that are in Vegas. It's Where I purchased my NEW 81 Imperial. And got parts for my 56.  Gosh this is an interesting problem and I help you all I can. Asa  Vacuum diagram Please!