Promo cars versus models

I was searching through eBay tonight, as I often do, and I usually take a
look at all the promo cars and models 1957-1961 Imperials. I had several of
these when I was a youngster, and I remember the promo cars warping front
fenders and roofs even back then, but to see them today, I can't imagine why
anyone would bid on them. The promo cars were made out of a softer plastic
than the model kits, probably due to the color molding process. If you take a
good look at the model kits, you will not see this warpage. I think someone
would be better off to bid on a poorly built model, and redo it than to bid
on a badly warped promo car which never fit together properly in the first
place. I would like to have a model once again, but am not willing to pay the
price they are going for, besides, I now have a full scale replica, so who
needs those little things sitting around the house collecting dust!
Bill '59 Crown