Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: IML: S.N.A.F.U.

Hi Hugh,  Can't document why this works and I know there will be some people who will say I'm full of it.  However, in my experience a smoking engine can be reduced GREATLY by going to single weight non-detergent.  My personal favorite is Vavoline 50W racing oil.  I've had cars that ran for years with no problems other than slightly harder to start when it's VERY COLD.  In my experience, multigrades will smoke more.  Can't explain it but I know what I see...

Kerry