From: <Imp1983@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 12:26 PM
Subject: IML: Ballast resistor

Hi all,

Yes, it could be the ballast resistor.  My Dad learned from his friend at
work the trick of shorting it out with a screw driver temporarily, to get
the
car ('69 Coronet) started.  We've always had Mopars, and once he figured
this
out, we kept a spare handy in the trunk.

Came in handy a few times.  I have a couple of spares myself.  I got them
from American Science and Surplus (JerryCo).  They may still have some left.
They had some Mopar horns at one time to.

Try http://www.sciplus.com/about.cfm

If the ballast resistor is dead, you can crank until doomsday (or your
starter burns up!).