Rustproofing on boxcars (Was: '67 or '68 promo model)?

Rustproofing on boxcars (Was: '67 or '68 promo model)?

I think they must have some kind of coating under the package shelf. I don't
think they painted the underside on any of them. Most of the Imperials I've
owned were from the east coast & none had very much rust underneath the package
shelf.
John