Proud owner of a '63 Deluxe

Good Morning all,
      It's like Christmas morning here!
      Returned home yesterday from a road trip to Iowa, with a blue '63 in tow!  The car is pretty decent, needing some minor body work and paint to be presentable.  The interior has aftermarket seat covers, and a box containing new blue carpets (nylon loop, unfortunately, but it is new!)  Hoping to get her running today and see what she needs in the drivetrain department.
      I do notice the additional "mass" of each component, as compared to my '68.  What a car.  (Not to besmurch the quality of the '68, of course)
      The car is dark blue with a light blue interior, ps, pb, a/c, pw, power front seat, power antenna, power truck lock, remote driver's side mirror... hey, I thought the Deluxe was the "entry level" car!

      Question... all the reading material I've been able to muster refers to '63's as "Southhamptons"... but I see no reference to that name on the car.  Anybody know the story on that?

      Anyway, just all excited and had to share it with the group.  I'm sure the neighbors all think I'm nuts.

      Gotta go get a plate on her before the Driveway Police make their customary visit following a new arrival!

Whoo Hoo!
Steve Charette
'63 Imperial Deluxe (Southhampton?) 4dht
'68 Imperial Crown 4dht
'81 Imperial Coupe