I need a picture!

The hole in the center is indeed the return. On the 60, it
has a plastic grill cover that is usually broken. I believe
they used the plastic one through 62. In 63, they went to a
metal grill which is the same size & fits the 60. A friend
got me one of these to replace the cracked one on my 60. I
havn't gotten around to painting it the correct color yet.
If you already have the 2 outlets, the center grill should
be all that your missing.
John