Torsion Bars

A week ago today, on my way to work in the morning, two blocks from home,
the LEFT torsion bar on my 78 gave way.  It was rather exciting to have the
thing pop while driving down the street.  I was not moving very fast and can
only imagine what that would be like if I had been at highway speed.  It
broke about 6 inches from the rear.  You may recall that in September 2000,
the right t-bar broke while the car was sitting in my driveway.  (also about
6 inches from the rear)  This time, I was able to remove one from my 76 T&C
parts car, and repair my 78 in about 2.5 hours (with help from a friend).
It sure did help having my new air impact wrench etc.  Removing those
adjusting bolts the old fashioned way is nearly impossible.  The car is all
fixed and happy as a clam now.