1965 Imp Grey Ghost interior,electronic ignition,rusty gas

1965 Imp Grey Ghost interior,electronic ignition,rusty gas

Hi Guys-n-Dolls,
    I thought I would give everyone an update on the Grey Ghost. I did not do the leather interior but did the latest and greatest letherette to come down the pike (so they claim, it feels like a softer vynal to me!). It is not the factory purple but a burgandy that matched the carpet, the closest I could come to the purple, I will be using one of the 2 suggested dye shops in the near future to bring the color up to par! The upholsterer forgot the buttons for the LeBaron front buckets and did the best he could on the Crown back seat he could to match the fronts (when I get a complete LeBaron rear seat I will have it done right). While all these problems are just like the problems I have with paint jobs at least I didn't pay thousands to be dissapointed. In all actuallity for what I paid for the complete job...are you sitting down....350.00 USD, I have to say I am quite pleased considerining I was quoted 1,200 to 2,000 for the same job in leather. Still I will learn how to use my Grandfather's upholstrey Singer so I can not be dissapointed anymore!
         The electronic ignition went well not as hidden as I would like but now I have an arc welder going off instead of a feeble little spark!
          The next task will be to clean out the gas tank and carb(she runs Great on the accelerator pump but stumbles at Idle...due to the jets undoutable being clogged with rust). Not looking forward to it but I am anxious to press the Imperial into daily service despite the lack of a decent paint job.
          After that I plan to add the disc brakes. Yes I have driven cars with only the e-brake and can handle them well, just want to be safer!
          Just though ya'd want to know!

Thad the ImpPoster
1965 Imp the Grey Ghost
1965 Californian