360/727 in 81 Imperial

I have this set up.  I did not dot the swap, I bought it that way. I thought
it was the driver's side motor mount that was different, but it is just one.
  The 727 is significantly longer.  The support has to be moved back too.
Also means that mine has kind of a rigged up exhaust.  You could use the
904, but then you would need a different converter or flexplate because the
360 is externally balanced.  The driveshaft should be the same as a 360
powered Mirada CMX, but there weren't many of those.  Potentially some cop
cars had 727 trans and the same wheelbase, so those may work.  Look into
that.  You could also measure and send out for the driveshaft, there are
plenty of reputable places.  Email me on or off the list if I could be of
any help.
Rob