71 440 power rating

The 71 Imperial 440 was rated at 220 hp (net) for
>1971.
>
>Are you looking a the fuel usage statement on the back of page 59?  If
>so,  you need to read the WHOLE page carefully.  You have a regular fuel
>engine in your car, taking 91 octane "low lead" fuel.  "Such fuels are
>suitable for use in all 1971 Chrysler Corporation passenger cars EXCEPT
>THOSE CARS EQUIPPED WITH ENGINES DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY TO OPERATE ON
>PREMIUM FUEL."  One of those engines is listed as the 440 cid high
>performance version, single 4 barrel carburetor, 9.7:1 compression
>ratio, 370 hp.  This is the TNT 440 with dual snorkel air cleaner, high
>lift cam, and dual exhausts but it was not available in an Imperial.
>
>Pete in PA
>70 LeBaron

Ok, my mistake on 375 hp, BUT eventhough it says 370hp on the high
performace engin uses 91 octain AND the 'standard" engin was also rated at
370 and runs on 91.  Both say 370 hp.  why would they put false info on the
owners booklet?  Should i not believe anything in that book now?!?!  Also
what is 220hp net mean?