It's A Classic

Hugh,
   Sounds like everything is starting to come together..glad to hear it.
Maybe in her "elevated status" your fine classic will do you proud while
you're in the need. As I said in a previous post, I have experienced the
"USS Imperial" not being real pleased with me for putting funky new age
stuff in the crankcase. Also, having never been a fan of mopars of any
sort before, I have gained a whole new outlook on life every time I slide
behind the wheel. Or maybe it's an old outlook that I had forgotten. My
smaller vehicles over the last 3 or 4 years had developed "targets" all
over them. My wife was driving a 99 S10 Bl*zer, and I had a 97 pickup of
S10 variety. Mine was totalled and hers should have been by the insurance
company. I believe S10 actually means "target" in G* -ese. Anyway, the
wife is now driving the '67 Imp as her daily car and I drive a full size
pickup and have actually seen people in the act of realizing they are
about to do something stupid change their mind when they see me large and
red looming over them in my pickup(I think the Imp is bigger and heavier,
tho). But when I climb into the Imperial, I get this "safe, comfortable"
feeling even without all the airbags and shoulder harnesses...like I did
in my parents big cars when I was a kid. Not to mention that, even tho it
isn't mint condition, it still turns heads. You can just kinda put your
nose in the air and think...neener, folks...get yer own!

Dave
67 Imp sedan(with a hood and trunklid bigger than most Iowa farms!)
Another upside is...the gas in the tank is always fresh!