76 New yorker

A big thing to look for is corrosion, especially on the rear quarter
panels.  The bottom seam is very poorly engineered and invites oxidation
of the metal.  Also check the clips holding the side trim (if the car
has trim) they tend to rust out as well.  Don't forget to check the
bottoms of the doors.

There really isn't a lot I'd check for that would be any different from
buying any other car.  If you can, get it professionally inspected.  I'm
not sure about in BC, but in Alta AMA offers a very comprehensive
inspection.  It'll cost you $80, but it's well worth it.

You mentioned that the car is black, what colour is the interior?  My 76
NYB is black with a red leather interior.

James